1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ZBook 15 G2 fan noise when connecting external display

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP ZBook 15 G2 which normally runs quiet, but since the last BIOS update (to 01.24 Rev.A), when connecting an external display (Z Display Z24i in this case) via DisplayPort or DVI (using HP Advanced Docking Station), the fan gets loud in a few seconds and stays loud all the way. If I disconnect the external display, the fan is quiet.

I checked the temperatures and there isn't any problem which would require fan running loud.

I also checked online and found that this issue occurred also to other HP laptops:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/HP-Elitebook-8760w-fan-noise-when-using-Di...

I tried connecting the external display directly to the workstation and the issue persist.

I used this configuration for about 2-3 years now, didn't experience the issue and now is annoying when watching movies or navigating on Internet.

Do you also experience this kind of issues?

Thank you in advance

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation