Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have new HP ZBook 17 G5 that does not recognize Thunderbolt Dock G2 230W. When we connect dock through thunderbolt system informs us that there are external monitor, but it never shows picture on external monitor. But it can use Ethernet and other USB devices via dock. There also now Thunderbolt icon in a tray or if it appears Thunderbolt Controllers list is empty. Tried to update BIOS, video adapters drivers, thunderbolt drivers/firmware, USB 3 drivers - no help. Also when trying to update dock's firmware there appears message "Thunderbolt Controller - Device driver missing". In Device manager there are UCM-UCSI ACPI device with mark that it was stopped because of the error (code 43).  Tried update this device driver - no succeed. Is there any suggestions what else I can do? 

P.S. Windows was just installed and at that moment can't be reinstalled, because the person who has rights for this is in vacation

P.P.S. Found this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Driver-ACPI-VEN-USB-amp-DEV-C00... can this be also my case? How I can diagnose that defect is in hardware not in software?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello friend! I've been working with a client that had a similar issue after the most recent windows update. I just found a system device in devmgmt labeled "PCI-toPCI Bridge" that was disabled for some reason.

Enabling that immediately allowed the dock to be recognized / allowed via the thunderbolt software. Not sure it will fix all, however after stumbling upon this I wanted to share as every issue with these seems to be unique.

kk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.