Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a startech.com usb-c to displayport  cable.  I can not get my zbook to connect to my monitor over display port.  Is ther a driver or spmething I need to activate to get this to work?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Make sure in the BIOS you have all thunderbolt security turned off. I have the same computer and could not get any USB-C devices including HP's Zbook dock to work right until I did that. Also if you are not using RAID be sure to turn that off in the storage settings. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Make sure in the BIOS you have all thunderbolt security turned off. I have the same computer and could not get any USB-C devices including HP's Zbook dock to work right until I did that. Also if you are not using RAID be sure to turn that off in the storage settings. 

HP Recommended

that seemed to work.  thank you

HP Recommended

Thankfully my G2 Dock on my Zbook G3 has full USB 3.0 functionality, audio and ethernet. The Display port out however may be an issue. I get weird blue randomly occuring transparent overlays that flash on and off over web pages and video feeds from Youtube, etc.. Occasionally the display goes all pink and blue colors only. When I scroll the page or move the application widow or screen, the blue overlay shifts a couple of inches and moves with the window. After a few scrolls up and down it disappears for a moment or two but then comes back on it's own.

My Laptop is a Zbook G3 17" Dreamcolor 4K (New)
My Dock is the G2 Thunderbolt3 Dock 230W (New No audio module on it)
My Cables are Display Port - DV Ver. 1.2 (brand new)
My Monitor is the Dell 30" Model U3014 running at (2560x1600)

I checked with multiple cables and both display ports and the issue still happens. So the cable is good. I have run the montor with another computer using the DVI port and never have any issues. Either unplugging or replugging the cable temporarily fixes the issue, as well as turning the monitor off then on again. but then it reoccurs as soon as I open a web browser, image editing program, 3D software etc..

I have all the latest drivers installed. Intel Thunderbolt3 secure connect was just downloaded and run today, and the issue still occurs. My system on every bootup or restart says this about my dock since I plugged it in: "Device was approved during boot but is not part of the current approved devices list. So maybe there is another driver I am missing that needs to be run to get the display port working properly?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You in Advance for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.