Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

The HP Thunderbolt dock was working prior to the upgrade. Now the dock and any Thunderbolt 3 devices refuse to connect.

I do not see anything in the Device Manager that requires a driver. I have installed the Thunderbolt Software from the HP Support site for this laptop. I've updated all the drivers and the BIOS using the HP Support Assistant.

Right now I'm at a loss and unsure what to do next.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to get the Thunderbolt working after pulling both the CMOS and laptop battery and leaving them disconnected for a few moments. 

Once I reconnected them the BIOS reloaded itself and the Thunderbolt IO, as well as the dock, were able to connect. I took this time to also update the Thunderbolt firmware and the dock's firmware.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Run HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) and make sure the Dock's firmware is up to date... Then, install and run Intel Secure Connect tool and manage the dock there... YOu can also try to reset the BIOS to factory defaults... NOTE: if the system wa purchased with Windows 7, some settings may have to be changed, liike enabling SecureBoot and making sure the Thunderbolt setting is set to (at least) User Authentication

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I am unable to connect the dock to the laptop currently. It does not connect, and Thunderbolt is not showing up under the Device Manager.

BIOS has been reset to factory defaults, no change.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

I was able to get the Thunderbolt working after pulling both the CMOS and laptop battery and leaving them disconnected for a few moments. 

Once I reconnected them the BIOS reloaded itself and the Thunderbolt IO, as well as the dock, were able to connect. I took this time to also update the Thunderbolt firmware and the dock's firmware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.