Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook X2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

After many attempts at HP support chat, installing and uninstalling drivers, buying pens, reading the manual over and over, searching every possible combination of words on Google, I'm at a loss.

I have the ZBook X2 G4 detachable and the passive pen, after purchasing an active pen I learned that there are no active pens compatible with it, and the included pen keeps skipping. I purchased a new pen, spent hours on support, and scoured the Google search results for someone with my same problem, only to find dead ends and praise to the pen and the laptop.

My workstation is no longer under warranty, as it was purchased used as a gift, and I have been trying for weeks to get this thing to work. I can't simply work on the areas of the screen that don't skip, and I shouldn't have to be satisfied with just that.

The only conclusion I can come to is that there is something wrong with the touch surface of the computer, as the skip zones are always in the same place, but my finger works on the places that the pen skips.

What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The WACOM technology used does not required an active pen and therefore it should work fine with the pen included with the laptop... Make sure you install the latest BIOS and drivers, and chances are it may also need a firmware update

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.