Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (306 Views)

HP Zbook 15u g2 creaking left hinge (laptop is only two days old...)

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Zbook 15u G2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I very recently bought a HP Zbook 15u G2 workstation laptop. Overall, I am very happy with it, however, the left hinge does creak a tiny bit  when you move the screen (e.g. open or close the screen) and there is a tiny bit of plastic that covers the hinge - if I push it, it makes a popping/creaking sound. 

It is really annoying when you are as OCD as me, should I be concerned or just not fuss about it ? (I obviously have the long warranty so can return it to HP if need be)

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (278 Views)

Re: HP Zbook 15u g2 creaking left hinge (laptop is only two days old...)

@Barney2016

Welcome to the HP Community Forum - we are a community of HP enthusiasts!

No body likes a squeaky computer!

Contact HP Business System Technical Support:

Open HP Customer Support - Laptops >

Enter your precise Model / Product name in the space provided and Click Search icon

OR

Select 1 > Narrow your Selection >> Click on the icon for your notebook type / series

When your computer’s page opens > Click last tab (on the right): Get Help from HP

Select your desired option from those provided.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (263 Views)

Thanks for the reply, so do you suggest giving HP a call and using the three year onsite warranty to sort it ? 

I have never had to make a claim or go through the HP warranty process, will HP have to take the laptop away, I assume that it is all onsite.

Thanks

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (254 Views)

@Barney2016

While I have had to take advantage of the onsite warranty service, the issue was completely different.

I suggest that you contact Support; let the Tech know your preferences based on the results of your discussion.  Who knows?  It may be a simple fix.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (217 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have had a number of other issues such as the touchpad stuttering and lagging as well as there being loose keys (I kid you not).

They say that they will replace the hinge, keyboard and touchpad, however, I feel that I should certainly deserve a replacement model considering all of the faults with it.

Am I correct ? They are going to send someone out to repair it under the onsite warranty, however, considering how new it is, I feel like it should be a replacement unit they are sending me, rather than replacing parts on a practically new laptop ?

Please advise whether I should be pushing for a replacement ASAP. 

Thanks,

Barney

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (202 Views)

@Barney2016

Barney2016 wrote:

I have had a number of other issues such as the touchpad stuttering and lagging as well as there being loose keys (I kid you not).

They say that they will replace the hinge, keyboard and touchpad, however, I feel that I should certainly deserve a replacement model considering all of the faults with it.

Am I correct ? They are going to send someone out to repair it under the onsite warranty, however, considering how new it is, I feel like it should be a replacement unit they are sending me, rather than replacing parts on a practically new laptop ?

Please advise whether I should be pushing for a replacement ASAP. 

Thanks,

Barney

Commentary

I cannot advise you regarding your desire for a replacement as opposed to having the system repaired under the terms of the contract.

The contract for the business machines is quite robust as compared to a standard contract for a consumer grade system.  The length of the contract is longer, the number of issues covered is broader in scope.

The contract is meant to protect both the consumer (you) and the company from whom you purchased the computer (HP).   There are limitations on both sides.

My personal opinion is that in spite of having been the unfortunate recipient of a less than perfect machine in the first place, nothing (lastingly) bad has happened to you yet.    Certainly frustrating and inconvenient; the situation does not sound dire at this point. 

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Message 7 of 7 (201 Views)

@Barney2016

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation