Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15v G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Recently purchased a HP Zbook 15v G5 workstation.  I was looking at upgrading the RAM and the storage space.  I've got the RAM handled, no big deal.  Stumped when it comes to storage.  I opened it up and it appears to have a 256GB M.2 SSD installed.  No 2.5" SSD, I see the blank space where it would go, just not connection piece?

Just doing some light photo editing and graphic design, but I feel I need more than the 256GB which is half used anyway.  Best way to update one or both?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@masonrj 

Firstly you need the following parts for 2.5" HDD/SSD

• Hard drive bracket part # L20325-001
  • Hard drive cableL part # 20324-001
  • Miscellaneous Kit (includes WLAN Mylar, hard drive cover Mylar, fingerprint reader Mylar, and fingerprintreader conductive tape) part # L29469-001

(a) Upgrade M.2 SSD to larger capacity up to 2TB (or just adding 2.5" HDD/SSD.

(b) Add 2.5" HDD/SSD after installing the above kits. For example

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/hp-zbook-15v-g5-mobile-workstation/CT13189499

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks for your response.

So is the 2.5" drive with the parts ordered, is it going to be plug and play?  or does it take some skill to install the new parts beyond a screw driver?

As for the M.2, I will have to restore the system info from the 256GB drive to the new drive, Correct?  Is there any suggested method for this type drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.