cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Zbook 17 G2 - slow USB3

HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,
I am experiencing slow transfer speeds over USB3 port - both for HDD and SSD external drives.

Regarding write speeds, I get between 25-35MB/s, more often towards the lower figure.This applies not only to HDD drives but SSDs as well, e.g. T5 Samsung external SSD over my USB3 barely reaches 30-33MB/s. Read speeds are no better.

On the other hand, on HP ElitePro 650 (roughly the same age as Zbook) write speed is 120-130MB/s, same applies to read speed which is around 130MB/s (for external HDD).

Both computers have Samsung PRO SSDs, so I assume the bottle neck is really the USB3 port(s) on my Zbook. Systems are Win7, all drives formatted as NTFS.
I tried to:

1 - reinstall drivers - which brings me to a question: where I can download the REALLY CORRECT drivers for my notebook let's say based on my serial number? HP driver download site is a complete mess as it sports all sorts of drivers for all sorts of HW configurations. So far I always downloaded Zbook G2 driver pack and opted for manual driver installation and pointed to a folder with these drivers.

2 - reset BIOS

None of the above improved the poor USB3 speed which is effectively at USB2 speed.

Thanks in advance for any support or advice.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation