Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

HP Zbook 17 G4 + Thunderbolt 3 Dock are in use. Since a few weeks, the dock is not recognized by the notebook anymore. I have to do a hardreset (30s Powerbutton) to get it to work again, every time! The notebook is charging, but no thunderbolt connection is established or recognized.

What I tried so far:

- Adjusting Bios settings

- Firmware and Software updated

- Thunderbolt drivers are up to date

My Coworker with the same Setup has the problem too.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Smbfg,

please try and download the newest BIOS. It's from: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110636.exe

Follow instructions and have a Powersupply connected to your Workstation at all time and do not disconnect while the Update is in progress or turn off your laptop midway.

After the Update has been done it should fix your problem.

If not, please report back here. Im sure we will find a way.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I assume (may be wrong here) that you are asking about the TB dock 1st generation (the one that looks like a bar). If that is the case, confirm it is all up to date with HP Image Assistant. Since the dock is not seen at this point, HP IA may not show updates required for it, so, make sure you update the ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller, the Conexant HD Audio Driver for Docks, the Intel ME f/w Update, the Intel Thunderbolt 3 FW for the ZBook

i would then, in the BIOS, change the thunderbolt setting to 'No Security' (you can change it back afterwards), and see it the dock is seen... make sure the dock (afterwards) has the right f/w update as well

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hello Friend,

please read out the BIOS Version via: push windowsbutton -> type "DxDiag" and report back. 

HP Recommended

@soccer_dan:

I am using the "HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock / HP ZBook Thunderbolt 3 Dock" as it says on the device. P/N is 841830-002

Setting the security settings did not change my problem.

@OwnedTHB: 

BIOS Version is P70 ver. 01.34

HP Recommended

Hello Smbfg,

please try and download the newest BIOS. It's from: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110636.exe

Follow instructions and have a Powersupply connected to your Workstation at all time and do not disconnect while the Update is in progress or turn off your laptop midway.

After the Update has been done it should fix your problem.

If not, please report back here. Im sure we will find a way.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, this worked!

It has been an issue for about half a year and it is finally solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.