cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glen711
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Zbook Create: Pricing error in HP website store, unable to customize?

HP Recommended
ZBook Create
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sat down to order an HP Zbook Create this evening.  Went to the store, here:  https://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/hp-zbook-create-g7-notebook-pc-3074457345617502673--1 .  There are five computers on that page, I refer here only to the two listings for the actual "HP Create G7" (not the Studio models.)

There is one model there, a preconfigured SKU, 21X92UT#ABA, which lists currently at $2749.  It's a basic model, with all the base options, save only an SSD bump to 512GB.  Fine.  But I wanted to customize the options on my Create, so I looked at the "Customize & Buy" SKU, 2W982AV_MB. 

Here's the problem:

That SKU starts at $4553 as of this message.  And that is *also* for the basic model, with all the base options.  Going in to the customizer, there is nothing to "remove" to get the price down - that $4553 is literally the base/start price, adjustable upward only.  (Sure, I could delete WIndows in favor of Ubuntu, and shave of $234, and knock the warranty down to one year for another $260, but that's still over $4000, and Windows and the 3-year warranty are included on the preconfig SKU.)

So, what this seems to amount to is that if I want to customize a Zbook Create, I have to pay almost $2000 for the privilege.  That is clearly wrong - but nobody in sales seems to understand it or be able to speak to it.  Tried from multiple computers, multiple browsers, even called a friend across the country and he sees the same thing.

Really dying to pick up a new laptop - but not like that.  How can I report this and/or get this reviewed or fixed?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation