cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsnhgl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Zbook G4 wakes immediately from hibernation when external monitor connected via displayport

HP Recommended
HP Zbook G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically, the title says it. Monitor is an ASUS MZ27AQ. Monitor shipped with a displayport to USB-C cable. Works great except for the fact that it won't allow the laptop to stay hibernated. When I select hibernate, the monitor and laptop go dark and then immediately spin back up.

I swapped out the cable for an HDMI instead and it works fine now, however, isn't the displayport connection preferable?

Any advice is appreciated. So strange since usually the problem is that the monitor won't wake from sleep or hibernate. This one has me stumped!

Thanks,

Jason

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation