Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
It was important that AFTER I uninstalled Citrix fully, that I then uninstalled all of the critical drivers for the dock (thunderbolt, asmedia, network, audio, etc), rebooting afterwards, and then reinstalled them (without the dock attached) with reboots as recommended by each driver install. Then, I plugged the dock in the first time only after windows was fully booted up (including all services that need to start/resident programs) and let it fully go through the discovery/driver process.

One of the things to note was that the ASMedia driver would neither uninstall or update (even though it acted like it was installing the update) with the Citrix Receiver installed. For me, I'm fairly certain that was part of the issue.
HP Recommended

I can report the same results.

After updating the USB firmware in the dock itself (through the links given by divide0by0zero) the dock works perfectly.

HP Recommended

Strange that the ASMedia firmware is only listed for Folio G1, not Zbook 15 G3 and Zbook 17 G3.

HP Recommended

>> After updating the USB firmware in the dock itself (through the links given by divide0by0zero) the dock works perfectly.

Yes is better even for me.

But Jabra USB BT Dongle ist still disconnecting every 2 seconds, if it is in the Dock.

HP Recommended

I'm hesitant to install it for this very reason. Is there any way an HP employee could offer input on why this firmware is not listed on the Zbook Studio and Zbook 15/17 driver pages? I'm copying the link for convenience:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=9822174&swItemId=ob_167955_1&swEnvOid=419...

HP Recommended

@sdoshi wrote:

I'm hesitant to install it for this very reason. Is there any way an HP employee could offer input on why this firmware is not listed on the Zbook Studio and Zbook 15/17 driver pages? I'm copying the link for convenience:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=9822174&swItemId=ob_167955_1&swEnvOid=419...

Software, et al, takes time to get posted to the web.

I have access to the BIN files and am posting them here to get them in your hands faster as they fix serious issues.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

@Cali1100i wrote:

>> After updating the USB firmware in the dock itself (through the links given by divide0by0zero) the dock works perfectly.

Yes is better even for me.

But Jabra USB BT Dongle ist still disconnecting every 2 seconds, if it is in the Dock.

There is new ASMedia firmare available that should fix that. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Below is an updated list of key drivers, et al. (Items in Green are new.)

You must have all of these updated drivers as well as this new BIOS to making things as "sunshiny and rainbows" as possible.  (Remebmer to always use the Softpaq Download Manager to ensure everything is up to date.)

Component NameCategory on Product Support Page on hp.comSoftpaq #Version
BIOS - Zbook 15/17(BIOS) 1.10
BIOS - Zbook Studio(BIOS) 1.13
Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect Software(Driver - Controller)sp7614315.3.40.275
Intel® Thunderbolt™ Firmware Update Utility(Firmware)SP7493516.1.7.0.6 - It will still show up as .3 in the TB software. This is being fixed.
Intel Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics)SP7598420.19.15.4444
NVIDIA Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics - Nvidia)sp76601356.49
ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller Driver(Driver - Chipset)SP76277 1.16.35.1
ASMedia ASM1042A Firmware Update(Driver - Firmware)SP76208 131025.10.11.23
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Controller Driver(Driver - Network)sp7602617.2.0.2
Conexant Audio USB Driver (called HP Dock Audio in Device Manager)(Driver - Audio)SP741461.31.36.14
Conexant USB Audio Driver for Docks(Driver - Audio)sp74876 1.31.36.14

The new offical BIOS's are here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure everyone knows how to do this, but just in case:

To install these, get a USB key and make the following folder structure:

• X:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\NEW (Where X is the drive letter assigned to the key at that time.)

Take the .bin file you need for your system and copy it to the "NEW" folder.

• Boot into the BIOS via F10 at boot up with the USB key with the .BIN
  • On the main BIOS page, select "Update System BIOS".
    Scroll down and select "Update BIOS using Local Media".

The system will then look on the key for the bin file. If the wrong one has been placed on the key, it will report that there is no file to update with so there are no worries about applying a BIOS that was not meant for your system.

If you have any issues, please PM me. 

-----

EDIT:

• Updated BIOS versions
    • Adds additional enumeration stability and ability to enable and disable specific ports. (HDD, SSD, USB, et al.)
  • Updated USB Audio driver for the dock
  • Updated nVidia driver.
  • Added ASMedia firmware update for the dock.
    • Fixes issue with wireless USD devices on the dock
  • Changed BIN file location to my personal DropBox as HP FTP links do not last forever.
I am an HP Employee
-----
HP Recommended

The screen used to flicker when waking the monitor back up per the power options settings, no longer an issue.  Also, I have no problem putting the computer to sleep and resuming.

The only new issue I see at the moment is that the mouse freezes every couple minutes for about a second and the keyboard repeats the typed letters during that time as well.  ASMedia firmware issue?  To double check, I shutdown, unplugged the zbook dock from the zbook, unplugged the power to the zbook dock, the put it all back again, just to make sure the dock did not need a cold power cycle.  Still does the periodic freeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing.

HP Recommended

Hi iMaxx!

We are running sp75579 (Intel Thunderbolt firmware update utility) 16.1.7.0.8 Rev.A(12 Apr 2016)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=cp_165658_1&swEnvOid=4192#

Is this incorrect or should you update the list?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.