Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@VoltMaster wrote:

I plugged the dock into the laptop (seeing as I don't have another power adapter in the office as the dock supplies the power) and turned it on. After booting up, the laptop did not detect any of the dock attachments - USB or monitors. I unlocked the laptop with my fingerprint and left it for a few minutes, still nothing. Unplugged and re-plugged the dock and it still didn't detect any of the monitors or USB.

Restarted the machine and everything worked straight away.

After the Big Update Day: Same for me.

Have to unplug and Plug the Thunderbolt Cable for Monitor and USB to work.

But than it works for the wohle Day. :-))

HP Recommended

@iMaxx wrote:

Today's the day!

Conexant Audio USB Driver (called HP Dock Audio in Device Manager) (Driver - Audio) SP74146 1.31.36.13 Conexant USB Audio Driver for Docks (Driver - Audio) sp74876  1.31.36.14

Hey iMaxx...

I just noticed this now, but are these two connexant usb audio drivers infact just two different versions of the exact same driver?  It looks like we really just need sp74876.  

Please confirm.

HP Recommended

A further update - provided the dock is detected and both my monitors turn on, I don't have any issues with screen flicker or the USB freezing up. In saying this, waking the machine from sleep definantly still has the issue where the dock isn't detected at all - regardless of whether you have the dock plugged in (if the dock wasn't plugged in when the machine was put to sleep) or if you plug in the dock after waking the machine.

A restart of the machine with the dock plugged in also doesn't make it work, you need to disconnect the power from the dock (the screen will go slightly dim as the power has been disconnected by doing so) and then plug the power cable back into the dock for the laptop to detect the dock again.

Slightly annoying still, the sleep / wake functionality still doesn't appear to be completely solved but at least once it is detecteed it's error free.

HP Recommended

The issue I am experiencing is that when I plug mine in while it's in sleep mode, and then press the power button on the dock to get it out of sleep mode, it reboots the machine.   

I also experienced a situation where I undocked the machine while the lid was closed, and afterwards, could not get the display on the laptop to come back on until I powered it down (held power button down) and back up again.

On the plus side, the USB ports have been working great!

HP Recommended

Writing this problem here as well as it seems like an active thread.

I've seen a lot of problem with the Thunderbolt USB-ports not working, but in my case everything works fine except that the wifi takes priority over the ethernet when I use the dock.

The connection works when i disable the WIFI.

Had the same problem without the dock but fixed it by installing the HP Hotkey Support. But now it's the same problem when I use the dock.

I have WLAN/LAN switching enabled in the BIOS and installed all the latest drivers, I've also tried swithing the priority in Network and Sharing Center and solutions like that.

Tried searching the forum but couldn't find anyone with the same problem as me.

HP Recommended

Hello,

LAN/WLAN switch is working for me even with the dock (I'm running WIndows 8.1). But you have to wait around 30 seconds until the switch is done. If you are on WLAN and plug in the dock, the LAN of the dock appears together with the WLAN and after around 30s the WLAN disappears like magic.

But this is the only magic on this dock.

I spent already dozens of hours by installing new drivers and BIOS. The dock is not running as expected. Now, after having all the new drivers installed I got two BSOD yesterday. Every 1-2 hours the dock resets causing the screen to flickr, rearrange all desktop icons, loosing network connections, loosing bluetooth mouse...

I assume there is a temperature problem with the dock as this happens after using it for 3-4 hours and the surface is quite hot.

I requested a new dock two weeks ago because everytime  I touch the dock-cable, the dock resets. They told me they do not have docks in stock (sorry, but I pay for a care-pack !?!?).

I have an open ticket (since 3 weeks) on these and yesterday requested escalation and an escalation-manager to care about this. And.... you're right: silence on HP side, no reaction, no answer.

So please HP, we paid a lot of money for having a business notebook to work with and not to play around and installaing new drivers everyday. Please come out and talk to your valuable customers!!!

HP Recommended

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS, drivers, and firmware for the ZBook 15/17 G3 and Thunderbolt dock as listed below. Also, make sure you uninstall Citrix receiver if you are testing with it. Some versions have been known to cause issues with USB passthru

HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation & HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation 

Component NameCategory on Product Support Page on hp.comSoftpaq #VersionWhere to Verify
BIOS(BIOS)SP763171.08Bios F10 Setup à System Information
Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect Driver(Driver - Controller)SP7614315.3.40.275Right click Thunderbolt Tray Icon à Settings à Details.
Intel® Thunderbolt™ Firmware Update Utility(Firmware)SP7493516.1.7.0.6Right click Thunderbolt Tray Icon à Settings à Details.  Note that numbers to left will not be directly reflected.
NVM Firmware Version:  16
PD Firmware Version:  1.07.03
Intel Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics)SP7598420.19.15.4444Right click on desktop à Graphics Properties (intel icon) à Options & Support à Information Center.
NVIDIA Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics - Nvidia)SP76218354.9Right click on desktop à NVIDIA control panel à System Information at bottom left.
AMD Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics)SP7581515.201 Rev W7Right click on desktop à Graphics Properties (at top) à Information à Software.
ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller Driver(Driver - Chipset)SP762771.16.35.1Programs & Features or Device Manager à Universal Serial Bus Controllers (Requires Dock to be plugged in).
Broadcom Ethernet Controller Driver(Driver - Network)SP7608017.4.0.1Device Manager à Network adaptors (Requires Dock to be plugged in).
Conexant Audio USB Driver(Driver - Audio)SP748761.31.36.14Device Manager à Sound, video and game controllers (Requires Dock to be plugged in).
I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Glad to see this issue is working itself out.  My G3 is on the way, you guys have done a lot of the heavy lifting getting this issue the attention it deserves.

soccer_dan, you show bios 1.08, but I thought we are to use 1.09 per the link iMaxx provided?

HP Recommended

I had my TB3 dock working fine a couple of month ago, then I updated my Laptop through the HP support Assistant and then the dock stopped working. I restored my system to the earlyier state and it was working fine again for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I thought I would update again and now I am facing the same issue again. I think this is to do with the eXtensible driver.

Can anyone tell me what the solution to this problem is? Don't have the time to go through a 14 page thread!!!

Can't believe that HP haven't sorted this out yet, get your act together!

HP Recommended

If you've got everything updated to the listed driver versions (a couple posts above) or higher, and you're still having the issues, then try this:

1) Disconnect the dock and reboot.

2) Confirm you don't have any versions of Citrix Receiver running on the computer.  If you do, remove them (eliminating possibilities).

3) Uninstall the ASMedia USB Host Controller driver completely.  Make sure it's gone.  Reboot, making sure you can do a full reboot (without the system hanging requiring a hard-reboot).

4) RE-install the latest ASMedia USB Host Controller driver (mine shows version 1.16.35.1)

5) Reboot again for good measure.

6) Once fully booted up (all services and startup programs are done loading), THEN plug in the dock with nothing attached but the power connector.  Then stop and wait for it to load all the device drivers (might take a few minutes).  Then you can actually start plugging in devices. 

That process is what worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.