Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Same issue here. USB stops responding for about a second. On this period of time, mouse stops moving, and if a keypress was sent just before the disconnect, the key repeats until USB works again.

I'm also having another issue. Sometimes when turning on the computer, the dock does not work at all. If I open the lid, it's stuck on the HP logo. The only way to make the dock work again, is disconnecting it, force shutdown, and on the next boot enter on the BIOS and save settings. This haapens about once a week or so.

I was able to update the thunderbolt firmware. It worked by manually downloading the softpaq from the website, otherwise i was getting the "file not found" error when trying to update the firmware.

I'm on Windows 10 on UEFI mode.

HP Recommended

@ColderProducts wrote:

The "support documents" you supplied are not available using your link.

After installing the dock and working with it for a day installing our company applications and Windows updates, the laptop completely froze with a flashing power button.  I had to do a hard reset.  Upon finally getting to a logon screen, none of the peripherals worked.  After logging in, Device Manager showed NO docking installed whatsoever.

I had HP tech on the phone today about continued issues with the Dock, performed all of these steps as well as a system restore and the docking station isn't even installed!  

Where is this support documentation??  Can you provide a VALID link?

The links are valid. I just tried both and had no problem viewing either document.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Same problem here, usb and audio stops every now and then for about 1 second.

running bios running on 1.08, Windows 10 Enterprise.

HP Recommended

For proper operation of the Thunderbolt dock with the ZBook Studio, make sure you have these BIOS/Drivers updated as follows. These are the latest currently

Component NameCategory on Product Support Page on hp.comSoftpaq #Version
BIOS(BIOS)SP760351.08
Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect (Driver - Controller)SP7478315.3.39.250
Intel® Thunderbolt™ Firmware Update Utility(Firmware)SP7493816.1.7.0.6
Intel Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics)SP7598420.19.15.4444
NVIDIA Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics - Nvidia)SP75603354.86
ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller Driver(Driver - Chipset)SP758711.16.33.1
Broadcom Ethernet Controller Driver(Driver - Network)SP7602617.2.0.2
Conexant Audio USB Driver(Driver - Audio)SP748761.31.36.14
I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I have tried with all the latest drivers and firmware listed here.

I still have the USB issue, and on top of that i now have an issue with the displays.

Every now and then they loose/regain the signal a couple of times.

And yes i've tried with different cables/displays.

Could it be a faulty dock since it never really worked?

HP Recommended

I have all of the latest drivers installed as well.   When I connect the dock with the system running, the dock is recognized and I get at least the 1Gb copper network connectivity.  However, none of the USB ports (laptop and dock) function.  Haven't checked display as I haven't yet purchased the one I want based on the issues with the dock.  Also, when I disconnect the dock, it does disappear from the TB3 utility but from that point on USB ports on laptop are dead and it still thinks the 1Gb copper connection is there, thus zero network connectivity.  The machine will not shut down gracefully and I have to hard power it down and power it back up for it to function again without the dock connected.  So, for now, I'm only plugging the power from the dock into the laptop and leaving the USB-C connection unconnected essentially leaving me with a very expensive power supply. 

Any updates on when drivers/firmware/etc will be released to fix these issues.  Have to say I am extremely disappointed after waiting over 2 months for the dock to be released only to find that it's useless.

HP Recommended

@ChrisWardTech  After working with HP, this seems to be MS/Intel issue.

I was experiencing issues similar to yours. I had to make sure the Intel Thunderbolt Utility & Dynamic Platform Thermal Framework was installed. With the Power/Thunderbolt connected check to see if/how the dock is showing up in Device Manager. When mine wasn't working at all, it displayed either Unknown Device or Base Device.  Something went wrong with my drivers or software, so I had to wipe/reinstall my OS.

I would recommend opening a ticket with HP and working with L2/L3 support to determine the problem. If you have a spare m.2 ssd available. Try a fresh OS with network drivers and HP Softpaq drivers only being installed. Grab the all the drivers, firmware, Thermal and Thunderbolt utility. Reboot, plug the dock in, run the thunderbolt utility installer again. See if it's working.

HP Recommended

Does anyone know how I can download the latest Bios (1.08). When I go to support>software & drivers> select my product (zbook G3 15 Energy Star) only shows 1.05 in the Bios catagory. I also tried runing the HP SPD but that finds the same result. I am having all of the issues described in this thread. It is extremely aggervating because this dock was working fine and then out of nowhere I am having all the symptoms described. Won't connect unless I restart like 5 times, when it does connect all the usb functions work for a few minutes and then freeze up. I need to get this issue resolved ASAP as I have more important work to do than mess around with this. Any Ideas?

HP Recommended

I have same issue

Install HP SoftPaq - Install and update all 

Download http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=wk_143588_1&swEnvOid=4059

go to device management - find uninstall systemcontroler

Update driver - let me choose - select the folder with sp70516 are downloaded - update driver.

It worked for me ...

Solved this post the problem for you. Let me hear...

HP Recommended

This did not work.  It is a known issue and HP has not provided a solution, even escalated to the HP engineers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.