Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

touch pad of my ho elite notebook 8470p is not working. the light is on. please help me in activating the touch pad

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Eapen,

Welcome the the HP Forum.

I must assume the TouchPad worked before -- say earlier today, yesterday, some time in the recent past.

It may be "tangled" and need a quick driver reset:

• Close all your programs and Shut down the computer
  • Disconnect everything (little Unifier for the keyboard / external mouse can stay)
  • Perform the Hard Reset for your notebook
  • Boot the computer and log in

NOTE:  This does NOT wipe out your data.  It is just a "clearing of the cobwebs".

With a bit of luck, that will fix it up.

====================================================================================

Next, consider the TouchPad may be disabled somewhere:

Enable / Disable Touchpad

If everything "looks" right, then take a look here:

Fix Touchpad / ClickPad

NOTE:  There are links to the relevant HP documents within the file.

Reference:  Drivers, Software & Firmware for HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook PC

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You" for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

TouchPad On / Off Switch – Per login Session

• One can turn on / off the TouchPad with the on / off switch in the Upper Left corner. It takes a firm double tap in the far upper left corner.
  • The switch is a toggle -- double tap for on, repeat to turn off.
  • The “button” is invisible; the on/off action is controlled by a pressure sensitive area on the TouchPad.
  •  This setting works on a "per session" basis, that is, per login session on the account.

more details see  Link

HP Recommended

If its only locking the touchpad (if not mechanical failure). double toch to the ligt area on left side.

HP Recommended

Brilliant - double tap on the light that I could see on the touchpad and it would work!!! Thanks

HP Recommended

I have also Elitebook 8460p here i have same problem mean just tuch pad not working properly some time workin and some time not working but when i double Click on touch pad just command pass as like OK or run function but pointer not move here and there , so i want to apply of your this solution and try to fix it , if it remain constant then i will be back soon thanks

Best Regard JAVEDISAAC From Multan Pakistan

Javed Isaac From Pakistan

HP Recommended

I had a user who accidentally disabled her touchpad for an Elite 8470p.....

double tapping the top left corner on the clickpad worked for us!  Thank you....I never knew that shortcut. 🙂

HP Recommended

Double Tap worked! Thanks!! 

HP Recommended

Great, It worked, Thanks

HP Recommended

With a short double touch on the little light on de left upper cormner of the touchpad, the touchpad is unlocked.

Eca

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.