roeghar
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP probook 4440s won't boot

HP Recommended
HP probook 4440s
Linux

Basically, I have the same problem. I need to reset the ram after shutdown for my laptop to restart. Like the previous entry in this forum, I have changed memory back to the original 2x2 4 GiB setup from the 4x4 8 GiB I have had installed for many years and there is no difference. I still have to pop out the ram and reset it to boot up the computer. Otherwise my power button just blinks off and on forever and the laptop won't start. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.3. I've tried the various simple resets I've found on line (disconnecting everything, unplugging, holding down powerbutton for a minute). Nada. I've also tried resetting bios. Nada.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation