Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there.

My issue is general not for one specific product.

From which event does it start warranty period detected by HP assistant?

From First boot,  right?

And if I'm right: is this date stored in Uefi or in operative system?

When a new PC has a warranty starting date prior than the date of first boot played by buyer it means that reseller powered on this PC before selling, right?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's so, Italy HP assistance before helped me by phone.

Starting warranty date coincides with final check out date performed in factory by HP manufacturing supplier. And it's stored in Uefi DB.

It's sufficient ask for update date on HP service server (they open a specific ticket) sending a delivery note or bill as purchasing proof.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@sistoiv 

@sistoiv wrote:

Hi there.

My issue is general not for one specific product.

From which event does it start warranty period detected by HP assistant?

From First boot,  right?

And if I'm right: is this date stored in Uefi or in operative system?

When a new PC has a warranty starting date prior than the date of first boot played by buyer it means that reseller powered on this PC before selling, right?

Thanks.

The Warranty date is normally adjusted when you register the product first time switching on the computer or right after purchase.

No, the original Warranty date, noted as manufactured date, is not an indication that the seller opened the box or powered on the PC.

Start here:

Registrazione del prodotto

Note:  There can be a delay after registering before the results are updated.

Additional Information...

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

Once submitted the adjustment for the dispute can take some time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The actual warranty is not influenced by the online results.

Additional Important Information - English / USA

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP 250 G7 Notebook PC

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thanks for reply.

I found another post about this point

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/When-does-my-new-HP-laptop-warr...

You said "The Warranty date is normally adjusted when you register the product first time switching on the computer or right after purchase."

My concern: but why (= which is the cause) a new PC (just purchased) from e-commerce or reselling shop) warranty starting date is "old" (some months before current date that's first boot date after purchasing).

Please: tell me this point (if you know).

HP Recommended

@sistoiv   

The way I understand it, a default warranty date is assigned by the manufacturer.

The seller doesn't have any control over it.

The manufacturer places the born-on date into the BIOS > Main 

I would guess your new computer sat on the shelf for a while before it was sold.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It's so, Italy HP assistance before helped me by phone.

Starting warranty date coincides with final check out date performed in factory by HP manufacturing supplier. And it's stored in Uefi DB.

It's sufficient ask for update date on HP service server (they open a specific ticket) sending a delivery note or bill as purchasing proof.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.