cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guidelines
The HP Consumer Support Forum is a way for customers to help each other find answers, solve problems, and get the most out of their HP products.

Please review the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation before posting to this site. You must be registered and signed in to post. Sign in here

Helpful Advice: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More   Returning Visitor? Learn Advanced Forum Tips
Highlighted
Roby4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP zbook 15 G2 bios password reset

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I forgot my BIOS password and how can i restore it, please help

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
25,081 24,632 3,555 7,937
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Roby4

For that model you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Contact Support >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

Just to note:

Do not try removing the RTC/BIOS battery.  It will not remove the password, but it will reset the clock - as SMC files are time coded, a large disparity between the system clock and the time encoded in the SMC will cause it to fail.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
aa232323
Level 2
19 12 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the same problem. I phoned contact support, and i am told that you are no longer sending SMC.bin files, but replacing motherboard. Is that true? if so, it is very dissapointing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation