canded
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP450-Windows 10 Pro display shuts off after two minutes

HP Recommended
HP450 Probook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am submitting this issue to HP Support because I have two HP Probooks that react differently to “turn-off display” settings.

The display on our HP450 Probook running Windows 10 Pro turns off after about two minutes. This does not occur initially. After first booting up and using the laptop for a period of time, then letting it sit idle, the display turns off after about 30 minutes. However, once re-activated, then letting it sit idle again, the display turns off after two minutes. This two-minute cycle continually repeats unless the laptop is actually shut down and restarted.

Background:

We have two HP laptops, HP250 purchased in 2016, and an HP450 purchased two months ago. Both are running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903.

On both laptops, the “turn-off display” settings are set to 20 minutes (battery) and 30 minutes (plugged in). The sleep setting is 30 minutes both battery and plugged in. The HP250 does not have this problem – just the HP450.

Both laptops are up-to-date on Windows 10, and as far as I can tell, up-to-date on HP updates.

Can you please advise how to correct this display issue on the HP450?

Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation