Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Laptop 17M-BW0013DX

I cannot get anything on the keyboard to work. Luckily there is a touchscreen but I really need the keypad and number pad to work. Suggestions please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I couldn’t take the back off to remove the battery. However, holding the button down for 30 seconds and plugging it in again did work. THANK YOU SO,VERY MUCH! I was up all night worried about how much it was going to cost me to get it fixed and where I was going to get the money from.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Update the BIOS and download the keyboard driver again. If it does not work, please check if the keyboard hardware is damaged.

HP Recommended

First step should be to perform a hard reset. disconnect the power cord, disconnect the battery (if removable) and then hold the power button down for 30 secs. Then reconnect everything, power on and check with the keyboard.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the keyboard driver again per instructions on another post and that did work. Not sure how to check to see if the hardware is damaged.

HP Recommended

I couldn’t take the back off to remove the battery. However, holding the button down for 30 seconds and plugging it in again did work. THANK YOU SO,VERY MUCH! I was up all night worried about how much it was going to cost me to get it fixed and where I was going to get the money from.

HP Recommended

YOU'RE WELCOME ! Believe me I am so glad that your pc is up and running again. If you face any issue again do find me on FB(as I am always active on HP forum there) and I am also at gmail.

HP Recommended

You are my go to person now for sure. Your help was so greatly appreciated. I am working on my families genealogy and have been scanning pictures going back as far as 1856. And I have a sense of urgency to get it done sooner than later. Thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.