Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H P 250 i5 Intel Core 15.6 Inch
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello ,

My budget to purchase HP laptop is from 650 to 850 USD .

I need to purchase HP laptop with highest speed as possible for a PROGRAMMER .

I found this product below :
https://www.amazon.de/250-Intel-Windows-Funkmaus-Notebooktasche/dp/B07VX97CZ3/

I'm afraid to activate "Turbo boost" feature , because it will make CPU overheated and many people advised me to NOT use "Turbo boost"

Please i need your advice because my focus is related to "BEST SPEED" for operations , i'm NOT interested in graphics or 3D animations .

All i need is "BEST CPU" speed .  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

this site compare CPU performance:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U-vs-Intel-i7-10510U/3699vs3549

it seems that the new AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4700U series is going faster than a Core i7-10510U .

you may consider to buy a HP Probook 455 G7 with AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4700U and SSD,

you have to check how much it cost in your Country

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply ,

"May be" my question is not clear enough .

If i enabled "Turbo Speed" , in that case HP laptop processer will be over heated and windows will be hang out ? 

Because some people say that enable "Turbo speed" is not a good idea to speed up PC speed .

Also some Software applications does not support Multi core processors .

Therefore Processor with base speed 1.6 Giga hertz is bad choice .

Please i need to know about "BAD EFFECTS" of enabling Turbo speed in HP notebook .

HP Recommended

Hello

I can just tell you that I never had issue to use notebook with "Turbo Boost" enabled.

it's an Intel technology that consider the termal budget of the CPU , that includes the GPU. When GPU is not used ,the termal budget of it could be used by the CPU , increasing the clock of the cores. The BIOS of the PC takes the temperatures under controll and can make the fun run faster and if not enought decrese the click frequency in order to keep the temperatures of the CPU/GPU/Chipset in the right range.

If a product is not well designed , then I may have problem but it's a non standrad condition.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.