Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360 1040 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone,

my Elitebook is constantly making a high pitched sound that's not coming from the fan or the charging. I bought it already more than a year ago and was in contact with the support, but they couldn't solve the problem. I sent it for repair and they said they replaced the mainboard, but it didn't change anything, so basically I gave up hope. But over the time the noise has been leading to a tinnitus in my head, so it's becoming relevant again ... 😄

There is no sound at all when I am in the BIOS setup.

So, here are just some ideas ... maybe I can do something by changing the CPU states or so? Or maybe it is a driver related problem? That I'm missing a driver or I could try an older one? The BIOS doesn't seem to have any option to disable CPU states. Maybe it's possible to change the BIOS in order to get such an option? 

I'd appreciate your help. The laptop still has warranty, so, if nothing works, hopefully HP will replace it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @klumpen 

Please, reach again to the local HP Support department >> https://www.hp.com/de-de/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

HP staff will need to evaluate your device and decide if there is a problem, and what can be done for you. I am afraid this cannot be resolved remotely.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.