Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Switching from HPs keyboard driver back to Standard PS/2 is the correct answer and also valid for EliteBook 840 G2 and 840 G3.

I believe that it is a conflict between HPs keyboard driver and uncommon keyboards like we have the korean keyboard region #AB1. The others talked about Sweden Keyboard etc.

After checking my drivers in SCCM these drivers seem to be old ones from earlier models ProBook 640 and EliteBook 2570p ! Due to SCCM installation were I always installed from the whole driver pool the conflict seemed to came up. I deactivated these drivers now in SCCM.

And thanks to Andy for finding this solution!!!

HP Recommended

Changing the keyboard to Standard PS/2 did it

HP should have this fixed a long time ago....

HP Recommended

Thanks. It works with "Standard PS/2 keyboard".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.