Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I looked into Bios and the small  labels under the battery, still can’t find it, please help! Thx! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the command prompt to find the mac addresses for your ethernet and wifi adapters...

1. Open the command prompt. Search "Command Prompt" in the taskbar.

2. Type in ipconfig /all and press Enter. This will display your network configuration.

3. Find your adapter's physical address. Scroll down to your network adapter and look for the values next to "Physical Address," which is your adapter's MAC address.  There should be two of them listed...ethernet and wifi.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but like I mentioned the computer can’t boot up, so I can’t pull up CMD .... 

I need find another way.... 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry I missed that.

The wifi adapter should have the MAC address on a label.

I don't know about the ethernet adapter.

Here is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card R & R procedure...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823617

HP Recommended

Hi Roger

what exactly means no boot up? You can reach the BIOS with F10?
You can try with a connected LAN cable an push F12 immediatly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.