Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 840 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a brand new HP elitebook 840 G7 in the first week of November . I have the warranty card with 3years warranty, but when checked on Hp website the warranty starts from 7th August,2020 rather than November,2020. 

I was wondering if this laptop is new or refurbished. As per internet surfing, the refurbished laptops have R in their product number. It is not there in product number but at the end of the serial there exists letter R. 

Laptop Product Number =XXXXXAV

Laptop Serial Number= XXXXXXXXMR

Is this a refurbished or new one?

I am worried because yesterday, its shift key was stuck, although I haven't used it much.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Aiaz 

Please contact HP in your country and they will fix start date for you. August 2020 could be the date when machine came to a shop and shop owner scanned the box.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

What about the refurbished status? 

It has an R letter in the end?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.