cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTSTeam
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to clear BIOS admin password HP Elite 2560p?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with an HP 2560P.  I purchased a lot of 20 x 2560P's and they all had locked bios'.  I've used Mazzi's password reset and it worked fine for a couple 2560P, however the majority of them, it would not work.  It boots the program from the USB stick and I choose option 1 (First Run) and then 18 to select the 2560P option.  It says:

bios password has been reset

System inforation has been extracted

UUID: Gives my UUID

SN: Gives my SN

Injecting above data for flash

Finished data injection

Utility to reset bios

Error code = 0x89

Done

and it returns me to a prompt.  Upon rebooting the system, it doesn't unlock anything.  I have tried this on all 20 systems and only a few reset the password.  I was able to successfully unlock several 6455B units, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it would do some and not others.  Maybe a different bios revision?  Not sure but I'm struggling as I'm out a lot of money right now, although I can still load an operating system, some of the key fucntions have been disabled in the bios and I'd like to try and enable them.  If anybody can help, it would be greatly appreciated.  I tried to update the bios after loading Windows and it asked for the bios password.  I also went through the HPBR tool and tried every option after saving my data to no avail.  Searching the net for a solution of sorts, but to date, have had absolutely no luck.  PLEASE HELP!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Sel_00330
Level 2
16 14 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, i understand your problem as i have been through it as well.

Contact HP.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/

Or download these files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e-oDcZpyOGqGfqZMxQit3DAnoUrUopEP 

Some instructions in the READMe file included in the files you downloaded above

More info here.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-​​​Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility

This is an old step by step procedure.

First thing is to save your settings when you are started.

Save! Save!! Save!!

Insert clean USB flash drive / HDD.

Then run USB Image tool.

Choose the flash drive / HDD then click on RESTORE.

After restore remove flash drive.

Insert  flash drive into locked laptop and boot.”If HDD is installed remove before booting with the flash drive / new HDD.”

At C:\OUTPUT   type CD..   “Then hit enter”

Then type HPBR    “Then hit enter”

Save your settings.

Save! Save!! Save!!

Select #3 re-program.

Press “S” to save system information as you'll need it later to reprograme

Type HPBR and hit enter

Select   “FIRST RUN”

Then select your model.

After reboot repeat same above but this  time  SELECT “SECOND RUN”

SEL

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
Kirmizi
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I NEED MASTER BİOS PASWORD NOT USB SUPPORT

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Sel_00330
Level 2
16 14 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kirmizi

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation