Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-08-2019 03:14 AM
I have a problem with HP deskjet ink advantage 3785 printer constantly printing notifications, update information, printer status etc. It happens every time I turn the printer on. Besides the fact that it spends my ink and paper without my consent, it's creating unnecessary waste and is NOT eco-friendly.
How to stop it in general?
11-11-2019 03:17 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is printing status reports automatically.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, update the printer firmware following the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community