1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

How to turn off HP Rechargeable Active Pen G2

HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

I have an HP Zbook Studio x360 G5 which came with the HP Rechargeable Active Pen G2 (Wacom version) (https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=4KL69AA&opt=&sel=DEF). The pen charges fine with the USB C cable and I am able to connect to the computer via Bluetooth to use the shortcut buttons.

The problem is that I cannot find a way to turn off the pen. If I only use it a couple of times a week, each time I come to use it the battery is flat and needs recharging again. How do I turn off this pen to preserve battery power when not in use please? It isn't really practical to wait 30 minutes for it to charge each time I want to use it.

An unconnected issue is that the HP pen control app was not installed and the windows store wouldn't let me download or install it as it was ' not compatible with my device'. I ended up downloading the Lenovo pen tools app for Wacom pens which looks the same as the HP app and seems to work fine, letting me customise the buttons etc. Am I correct in assuming that as long as the Lenovo app works (which it does) this will not cause a problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation