Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 740
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So i was asked to help reset a Hp Elitebook 740, the laptop was previously part of a domain, but i took it out.

The Laptop will not for the life of me, let me factory reset it.

i am quite fammiliar with tech, and have been factory reset pces for ages, but this one has me in a pickle.

When using the build in factory reset option in settings it says the recovery manager could not be found.

I made a bootable usb with windows 8.1, but in the hp boot menu, the usb did NOT show up.

So i figured i had to disable secure boot and went into the bios, then the boot options, but the Secure boot menu was "blurred/Greyd" out, i cant disable it.

I cant find my way around the HP Bios, it seems limited, i cant reset the pc from windows settings, and i cant boot to a usb with the same os??

So what now?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Oliver

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.