Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So we have noticed when running a firmware

HP BIOS and System Firmware (R70)

01.20.00 Rev.A 20.3 MB May 10, 2022

After the machine restarts to initiate the update once the first camera firmware starts gets to 100% then stalls until you force power off machine boots back into windows eventually unsure if the bios does the rest of the other parts of firmware.  

Bios before update was first revision

HP BIOS and System Firmware (R70)

01.02.01 Rev.A 19.9 MB Sep 15, 2019  

Can you please investigate, notice on update specifically says you should not reboot or turn off as could prevent the machine from booting.IMG20220512102215.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@borse2008 

There are 7 or 8 Generations of Hp Elitebook 840 . Do you use the right BIOS for it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem with the latest BIOS/Firmware package for my Elitebook 840 G6. I'm 200% sure I've downloaded the correct BIOS/Firmware package for my system (sp139916). 

This is really bad, I though I had almost bricked my laptop. Can you please fix this? 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Yes im well aware there are multiple variants of the model i have over 4000 devices of them ranging from g5 to g8.  When i searched for the drivers and bios we lookup via serial number.  The latest bios is definately got a problem in it.

HP Recommended

This issue has been resolved with new BIOS

This is caused by the camera firmware, but only one camera, Foxlink.

The solution is  New BIOS - 01.20.01 Rev.A20.2 MB released - Jun 16, 2022

sp140687.exe

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.