Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi All,

I am having issues to extend my desktop to 3 external monitors using Displayport HUB. Screens just flickers.

Based on HP quick specs is this functionality supported and desktop can be extended up to 3 monitors using Display port MST (Daisy chain).

Bios version I have is 1,04.
Latest HP intel hd graphics 5500 drivers
Latest chipset drivers installed.

I am using internal displayport of laptop, not using docking station.

Also, i would like to say that I am using same Displayport hub and it works on Nvidia GTX 660 on desktop pc.

Is there HP official statement or troubleshooting guide formthis case ?

Tanks for help.
Martin
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MartinZapy

My understanding is depending on the resolution counts of Intel HD graphics 5500 can support vs Nvidia GTX 660 video card can support. Please check all 3 monitors, you may need to lower refresh rates.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

I never tried to use monitors with MST but for sure the Intel Graphics card supports a maximum of 3 displays at Full HD, when the lid is closed.

If lid is open you may have only two external monitors.

bye

HP Recommended

I tried with closed lid, opened lid , no difference. I've updated BIOS to version 1.21 now, so will check if it helped or not. I will try also to record short video with symptoms if it will still not work.

HP Recommended

I was trying to change that:

1) On monitors, there is no such option

2) In PC when I press Ctrl+Alt+F12 via Intel HD Graphics control panel I can see that only Refresh Rate available in option box is 60p Hz. No other choice

Still same, as I wrote in my previous post, now I have BIOS 1.21 installed, lets see if it will help. I will post it here once I will test it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.