Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 17

I bought a Hp Envy a year ago from Costco. It cost me $1200 to buy and worked relatively well at the beginning. I grew fond of this laptop and used it everyday since then. At one point probably about a month after using it i noticed a small bit of the baseplating getting pushed out a bit. I pushed it back together ignoring it thinking that it was just a bit of a push that caused it to push out a bit. Ever since then this issue got worse and worse and slowly more and more of it started pushing out at one time. At one point, 7-8 months later my computer had some OS issues so I sent it back to HP to get it repaired and brought this to there attention. They said that they could fix it the issue being a manufacturer defect. I got it back a week later thinking that my issues were resolved. A week or 2 later the same issue occured again but this time worse then before. I kept ignoring it knowing that exams are coming up and I would need to use my computer and thinking that right after exams I would send  it back. Sadly today my hinges completely messed up my baseplating is completely pushed out and messed up and my screen is being pushed into a strange way because of this. It is now sitting on my desk waiting for the box to hsp it away and im hoping that I would get it back before Exams (which are in a week and a half). I read this issue up and turns out that there are hundreds of the exact same issue with the envy laptops and HP didnt think about fixing this issue. It has occured for the envy computers since 2014 with also raises a couple of eyebrows thinking that they would have probably fixed it and not selling faulty laptops to people then forcing them to pay a charge for repairs. I hope for this years model (which my sister is thinking in buying even though im telling her not to) has a better design.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Yahaib

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.