Jadae
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hp ProBook 4540’s - headset incompatible

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have an older computer, HP ProBook 4540’s and I need an headset for work but I am having problems with getting a compatible headsets to work properly. 

I borrowed two different headsets from a friend. The Bluetooth wireless isn’t working at all (don’t see it as a device anywhere) and the wired one (model Afterglow Lvl.1) is only working for sound/headphones, the microphone is not working. I have two plugs/jack on my computer one for headphones and one for microphone. I already tried changing the settings on my computer and made sure the mic wasn’t muted. I believe the problem is because the headset is 4 pin plug (3.5 mm TSSR) and the computer may only take a 3 pin plug. I saw there are adapter/splitter sold to resolve this problem if that is in fact the problem BUT I was wondering if I could just purchase an headset with a USB drive plug instead and go around all that.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation