Cygus
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp Probook 645 G1 only Showing 3.2Gb Usable Ram out of 8gb - ON 64bit OS

HP Recommended
Probook 645 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a Hp Probook 645 G1 with Windows 10 Pro and 2x 4gb DDR-3 1600 Ram Chips installed.

In the bios the Ram Reads as 8gb. However windows Reports 8GB, but shows 3.2GB Usable.

PLEASE NOTE: i am RUNNING a 64-bit os and am well aware of the memory cap for 32bit os. so please don't offer that as a solution : ).

I have:

• tried multiple installs and version of windows 10 all do the same.
  • I have swapped the memory modules and also same result. single 4gb chips also Read 3.2 / 4gb
  • i have gone to msconfig and changed the advanced boot option memory limit. - No Joy either.
  • I have updated the laptop to the latest BIOS. and also loaded default options. Still No change
  • I have checked for shared memory options in the BIOS - No Option for that.

I cant think of anything else.. HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Have you checked with Crucial and Kingston as to an upgrade path, and then compare with what is actually installed?

Memory
  • Standard
    • DDR 3L PC3L-12800 (1600 MHz)
    • Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory
    • 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB SODIMMs
  • Maximum: Upgradeable to 16384 MB with optional 8192 MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2
  • Dual-channel: Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

Otherwise you are ahead of me, and I'll shutup now.

0 Kudos
Cygus
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CF4wrote:

Hi

Have you checked with Crucial and Kingston as to an upgrade path, and then compare with what is actually installed?

Hello, thanks for the response, i do not wish to upgrade, i merely want my existing 8gb to read as 8gb..

0 Kudos
Cygus
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry did you mean i should see what type of ram they suggest and see how mine compares?

😛 3 hours of sleep..hahaha
0 Kudos
LOOKAA
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Excuse me I have the same laptop but with 16GB RAM , all I need now is increase shred memory to at lease 5000MB or more
is there anyway I can do that?
thanks for help

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation