Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre

I have a problem with writing a password because number are not correct, something is wrong with my keyboard - what can I.do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DomiM,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Is the keyboard not working when you are trying to login to the computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?

If you are unable to log in using the keyboard, I recommend you try using the on-screen keyboard and login to the computer.

Here is how it is done.

To access the on-screen keyboard from the Windows login screen, look for the Ease of Access icon. It looks like a dotted circle with arrows pointing down and to the right. On the Windows 10 login screen, this icon is located on the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click the icon to see the Ease of Access menu, which includes several options to assist users with disabilities. The option we’re looking for is On-Screen Keyboard. Click or tap it and you’ll see a full-size virtual replica of a standard keyboard layout appear on the screen.

Once you are login to the computer, I recommend you uninstall the keyboard driver from device manager and then restart the computer.

Here is how is done.

Select "Device Manager" from the pane on the left. Expand the Keyboards section, right-click on the keyboard you want to repair and choose "Uninstall." Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Restart." When your computer boots up, Windows will detect your keyboard and install the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.