Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Thin Client T520
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hello,

My problem is that I've created a new user account without Administrator rights some time ago, and yeasterday, I've deleted the original user account (I still have the Administrator and the new one), but the Thin Client never started again. I can see the mouse, but It doesn't start at all.

I've the T520 Thin Client with Windows 8.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to the message you have posted I would like to confirm that the Operating System could be corrupted and we have to re-install the Operating system on the Thin Client again to get it working

This Thin Client Unit comes with different types of Operating System by default as shown below:

t520.JPG

Here is the link to this page: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6875922&lang=en&cc=us

I do not see Windows 8 (32 Bit) in the list of Operating System in the HP Support Site

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to the message you have posted I would like to confirm that the Operating System could be corrupted and we have to re-install the Operating system on the Thin Client again to get it working

This Thin Client Unit comes with different types of Operating System by default as shown below:

t520.JPG

Here is the link to this page: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6875922&lang=en&cc=us

I do not see Windows 8 (32 Bit) in the list of Operating System in the HP Support Site

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I've installed successfully the Windows 8 64, but I would like to Update it to Windows 8.1, is that possible?

HP Recommended

You may need to re-image your system to upgrade to Win 8.1

====================================================
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
====================================================

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.