Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp elitebook g3 i5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I already posted this problem and I did not find any solution. Since then I noticed if the charger is plugged in the laptop is not doing the problem.

I copy my previous post:

"

I have an Elitebook g3 which is sometimes not switching on. The num lock and caps lock blinking 5 times and after a few seconds the fan is on maximum and I only can switch it off when I press the power button long enough.

After this, I only can switch on if I remove the battery and the memories and press the power button 10+ seconds.

Will a BIOS update solve the problem or need some RAM change? Anyone had this problem before?

"

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Regards Dan

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you can get the laptop running, i would certainly do a BIOS and system update (with HP Image Assistant). I would also go into the BIOS and do a reset to defaults.

it is possible that the battery reached its end of life... can you run the laptop with the battery unplugged?

you can also run diagnostics from the BIOS itself, press F10 at power on to enter the BIOS

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks your answer.

I will do your suggestions over the weekend.

About the battery if it is not plug in is still hold 3+ hours.

HP Recommended

Good Morning,

I did the update over the weekend but unfortunately, the problem is still here.

Any idea what can I do before I  spend any money on spare part test the laptop?

Regards Dan

HP Recommended

HI again,

It looks like it is the battery. I will order a new one and try it.

I think because  I took out the battery and plugged the charger in and it looks like it working fine. It starts up every time.

Regards Dan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.