Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

2 days ago i received a notification for a new Bios update. I installed it directly.

Before the update my battery would charge till 80% and then stop charging. 

Now since the update it doesn't do that annymore. It always charges to 100%.

I checked the HP power manager, and the settings are still good.

I also checked the bios settings and it should also work. 

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm using Probook 450 G7 and I have the same problem here, I have set the power management option to "maximize battery health" but battery is still charging to 100%, which should stop at 80%. 

HP Recommended

I bought 835 G8 and after bios update i have the same issue!
Battery care worked well before BIOS update.
I tried to switch this option off > reboot > on but the same.
As well built-in BIOS function "update firmware" works uncorrectry, each time a select this option laptop starts installing webcam, type-c and smth else again and again(there was 3 firmware update that i choosen), looks like some bug.

HP Recommended

It recently happened to me, I think it is a new problem. Anyways you need to let HP take over the control from BIOS. 

You need to get into your BIOS using your BIOS key (f10 in my case) . And then

1) scroll through BIOS tabs until you see "power management". 

2) Select power management and there should be 3 options;

1- Let HP manage my battery,

2- Maximum Battery health 

3- Maximum battery endurance

Select Let HP manage my battery, and you will be fine. You could also choose maximum battery health but that would require you to get into BIOS, every time you want to change it from 80% to 100% or vice versa. Just use HP Power Management, even though not as good as Lenovo Vantage, overall it is a good tool. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.