cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seikh
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I brought a laptop carefourr bahrain ,but its too slow..may i know why?

HP Recommended
2wa65ea#abv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i thing , i was wroong thats why i brought hp laptop,its too slow.

1 REPLY 1
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your laptop is of a modest specification (Core i5-8250U, 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM) but should still be a fairly capable machine.

It is impossible to say for certain what your issue is - you will need to do some detective work. The Windows Task Manager will be very useful here, especially the Processes and Performance tabs. There are many ways of starting Task Manager - my favourite is Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Another is to right click the task bar and choose "Task Manager" from the menu.

My suspicion is that the modest 4GB of RAM and the only mass storage device being a hard disk drive (rather than a solid state drive) are at the root of your performance issues.

You can upgrade to 8GB of RAM; the Service and Maintenance Guide (click) for your system indicates this is not a customer procedure, but it is not especially complicated for someone with some experience of working on computers. Adding an additional 4GB of RAM should be fairly inexpensive and might make a great deal of difference. Going beyond 8GB will be more expensive and, depending on your workload, might not be a significant gain. I suspect having only 4GB of RAM is your biggest source of performance frustration; I regard 8GB as a realistic minimum for most Windows 10 users. 8GB is often the "sweet spot", though more demanding users can benefit from more RAM.

Adding a M.2 SATA SSD to act as the primary system drive will also help though, depending on capacity and the state of your local market, this might be a pricey upgrade to what was a fairly inexpensive laptop.

HP only guarantee compatibility with parts they supply, though there are companies that supply guaranteed compatible RAM (crucial.com is one). SSDs are a fairly standard item (I would stick to a SATA SSD as a NVMe SSD may not work in a system not factory supplied with NVMe SSDs), but again there is no guaranteed compatibility other than with HP supplied parts.

Any upgrade is at your own risk unless you use a HP Service Centre.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation