cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chesterusob
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

I have BIOS Adm pw(full access). Want to disable BIOS admin. Decommissioned 9470m

HP Recommended
elitebook 9470m

Unlike many others, i actually do have my 9470m's bios admin password. The main goal is to just open the bios back up and remove all the old security(mainly the bios admin usr) without locking myself out. This laptop is completely decommissioned and currently has no hdd or OS, so it is not going to need any of its original bios security or configs.

The repair manual shows some bios options that will reset other things but still preserve the bios admin pw. Since i have full bios menu access, is there an option to simply clear the bios admin accounts and reopen the bios to everyone? A complete reset is fine too as long as the bios will be open and available after i do it. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation