Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Less then 2 years ago I spent $2000 on the HP Spectre, within these 2 years I use this laptop minimally (3 times a week maybe) and somehow it has managed to breakdown twice. It shows an error page asking me to boot it and won’t allow me to do anything on it. Once it was in the middle of a business trip, the other time I was in the middle of studying for an exam, it’s hard to describe how inconvenient it was and I nearly lost a client/failed an exam because of this. Currently it is not working and after talking to customer service they arranged to have it repaired which will mean I will be without a computer for a few days and they said that the data on my computer could be wiped! They even told me it was MY responsibility to back it up regularly to ensure that i don’t lose my data. I don’t spend $2,000 on a computer for it to break down twice in less then 2 years and then have some rep tell me it’s my fault that I didn’t expect their top of the line product to break down regularly and should’ve made a backup. They didn’t offer an extension on the warranty or anything, just said that it’s my problem now because I’ve bought it and that’s what happens when you buy a notebook. I’ve been a fan of HP for a while and recommended their products but I swear I will NEVER buy anything from HP ever again and recommend to everyone around me to do the same. I just want to know where I could send a formal complaint to so I can explain what happened and why they’re losing a life time customer. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

"They even told me it was MY responsibility to back it up regularly to ensure that i don’t lose my data."

YES I agree with HP on that.

Since you don't outline the fault, maybe a Diagnostic?  

Want to try and extract your data, please ask for help on that.

First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi @Mingze

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.