Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to use the simple HP Pen on my HP Elitebook. My assumption was that the pen would be supported by Windows anyway, without any further driver. 
Now it seems that's wrong, or I made something wrong.
Can someone give me a hint?

If not I have to pay to more expensive HP Active Pen 😞

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

reading HP Store , using 1MR94AA#UUF , it's written:

Compatible with  Convertible  Notebook  HP Spectre x360, HP ENVY x360, HP Pavilion x360.

I found reference in goole about 1MR94AA , called SunWODA HP Active pen.

I don't know which technology is used in that pen , but it's not Wacom and not compatible with Elitebook with Wacom grid.

you have an Elitebook 840 G5 .

did you find the Wacom device in Device manager ? if yes, you need a HP Active PEn 3 , based on Wacom technology

bye

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

Hp Active Pen works only with Wacom grid.

so in order to be sure that HP Active Pen is compatible with your 840 G5 , check in Device Manager , Human interface Devices if you see a Wacom device, if not, don't buy HP Active pen.

what is HP Pen ?

I guess that every touchscreen working with a finger should work with every pen able to simulate the human finger.

HP Active pen interacts with Wacom grid if it's installed in your notebook, otherwise it will never work as it's not simulating a human finger.

is HP Pen is an N-trig technology , it work with other products supporting that type of pen.

bye

HP Recommended

" what is HP Pen ? I guess that every touchscreen working with a finger"
Exactly, it was also my assumption but the HP Pen (Art.-Nr. 1MR94AA#UUF) doesn't work like my finger .

HP Recommended

Hello

reading HP Store , using 1MR94AA#UUF , it's written:

Compatible with  Convertible  Notebook  HP Spectre x360, HP ENVY x360, HP Pavilion x360.

I found reference in goole about 1MR94AA , called SunWODA HP Active pen.

I don't know which technology is used in that pen , but it's not Wacom and not compatible with Elitebook with Wacom grid.

you have an Elitebook 840 G5 .

did you find the Wacom device in Device manager ? if yes, you need a HP Active PEn 3 , based on Wacom technology

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.