Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 Gen 1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm looking for a bluetooth driver for subject device in my Zbook 15 Gen 1 for Windows 10. I recently went through this exercise for Windows 7 (other thread here) and was given link to the correct solution driver by Paul_Tikkanen. My company is making the shift to Win10 now that 7 is no longer supported. 

The package SP61660 that was linked by Paul for Win7 does not work with Win10, unfortunatley. Is there an option that will? 

The hardware id is: 

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA&REV_7869

Device is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235

WiFi portion of the card is working and recognized. 

Package SP75982 that was recommended by Paul doesn't work, per this thread. There is a solution at the end that links to an Intel page that was shut down for support in November 2019. <SIGH>

Driver version from Intel claimed to work was 19.11.1637

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this driver works. 

If not, then I would say you are out of luck, since support has been discontinued for that model wifi card.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84411.exe

For $20 - $25, I would just replace the wifi card to the one listed in your notebook's service manual, which has W10 driver support into 2019.  Plus it is dual band AC with a throughput of up to 867 MBPS

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter    HP part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Here is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03985204

HP Recommended

Thanks very much Paul. I will check back after my admin tries to install the driver.

As for the new WiFi card, it's a thought that I have entertained - worth $20 of my own for sure and the IT gang would (probably) be willing to let me swap to a "certified device" that is "compatible" with our "tools." However, I'm long overdue for a new machine as my Gen 1 is way past the warranty contract we have with HP. A couple people on my team had some motherboard and larger scale issues that I pushed for priority over me in the last couple lots of upgrade machines. In the last 2 years, we've been upgrading to Gen 3 machines, but parts dried up with HP last summer. (It takes our company a while to vet machine configurations...) So, the upgrades basically stopped, except for a couple emergency machines they kept on hand. A couple weeks ago, Gen 6 machines started rolling in. I'm hoping I can get one soon. <crossing fingers> I hope it was worth the wait. I'm really not looking forward to losing my *real* docking station from the Gen1/2 machines. USB-C is not a robust physical connection... But, I digress.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.