Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a small fleet of HP Elitebook 840 G1 series notebooks. Whenever we go to connect to a wireless network we get a pop-up that states:

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi software is configured to synchronize user profiles with Intel Active Management Technology. Would you like to Synchronize this profile with Intel Active Management Technology?" [Profile Name] <Yes\No>

The window fades in a few seconds if not answered.

So much going on here that I do not understand, but bottom line is that an unable to find any way to configure Intel ProSet/Wireless to say "No" and not to bother anyone again?

Is there a tool I am missing to configure this or can it be managed in some other manner (GPE or registry)?

It does not matter if I answer Yes or No, it asks again for each change.  What are the implications of answering Yes or No?

I know when booting there is config in (F6) Intel ME Setup and in (F10) BIOS.

In the Intel ME menu is a sub menu for AMT Configuration which appears to require a password, so do not know what the options are here.

In BIOS I can "Unconfigure AMT on next boot". I assume if I unconfgure it, the option will change to "Configure AMT on next boot, but not positive. What are the implications of disabling this?

We are a small firm and for all intent and purpose do not use any of the "Corporate Security Tools" that these machines are capable of, but I install all the drivers needed to get rid of device errors and other warnings. I am unaware of any guides on this config.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

go ahead and In BIOS "Unconfigure AMT on next boot"... Intel AMT is the remote management technology built into the chipset, and is not used/required for majority of customers. to truly use it, there are specific configuration requirements and is not worth the effort in your case

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

@soccer_dan

Thank you.  Sorry, I missed your reply.

I plan to do a rebuild on one of these PCs in the near future and will test this out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.