Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Laptop body under the processor is quite hot. I've cleaned the vents and fans, but still feel heat.
Temperature of processor is 46-48 Degree Celcious when idle and 72+ Degree Celcious when I play games. My laptop has AMD Radeon R7 M340 GPU.
My friend is using a pavilion laptop, but I never felt his laptop hot.

What Should I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ssowvik

If the notebook is in trouble, and assuming it is otherwise healthy, it will warn you and then shut down if it is "hot".

What to do:

Suggested by Provost visruth in your previous Thread > Invest in a decent cooling pad

If you don't want to run the Cooling pad on your notebook's power, invest in a Powered USB hub > plug in the cooling pad.  If you purchase a nice cooling pad with an On/Off switch, you just need to remember to switch off the cooler when you are done using it.

More:

1. Elevate the notebook - do not block the vents!
  2. Do not run the notebook on your lap, on a pile of clothes, on a carpet, on your bed.

• When the notebook is used on a flat surface (like a desk), place the computer in a "laptop stand".

One Example (of many such devices):

AmazonBasics Ventilated Adjustable Laptop Stand

Finally:

Set the system for performance and not "looks":

Control Panel > icon view > System > Advanced System Settings > tab Advanced >

Under Performance > Settings > Adjust for best performance > OK

(Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage, and virtual memory)

Commentary

Probook is not a gaming computer -- if you have the budget to consider a new system, buy a computer built and configured to play games:  large internal cooling system, high end graphics and CPU, lots of RAM...

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ssowvik

If the notebook is in trouble, and assuming it is otherwise healthy, it will warn you and then shut down if it is "hot".

What to do:

Suggested by Provost visruth in your previous Thread > Invest in a decent cooling pad

If you don't want to run the Cooling pad on your notebook's power, invest in a Powered USB hub > plug in the cooling pad.  If you purchase a nice cooling pad with an On/Off switch, you just need to remember to switch off the cooler when you are done using it.

More:

1. Elevate the notebook - do not block the vents!
  2. Do not run the notebook on your lap, on a pile of clothes, on a carpet, on your bed.

• When the notebook is used on a flat surface (like a desk), place the computer in a "laptop stand".

One Example (of many such devices):

AmazonBasics Ventilated Adjustable Laptop Stand

Finally:

Set the system for performance and not "looks":

Control Panel > icon view > System > Advanced System Settings > tab Advanced >

Under Performance > Settings > Adjust for best performance > OK

(Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage, and virtual memory)

Commentary

Probook is not a gaming computer -- if you have the budget to consider a new system, buy a computer built and configured to play games:  large internal cooling system, high end graphics and CPU, lots of RAM...

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I've clened the vents from HP customer service.
But still facing the heat issu.
My laptop is 2 months old but I'm feeling more heat than before.
HP Recommended

@Ssowvik

Cleaning is not the issue - certainly not on a two-month old computer unless you are running the poor thing in a dirt closet.

The computer is not a gaming machine -- you may be pushing the resources past "normal use".

You may need a cooler to keep the computer cool when you run it hard.

OR there is something wrong 

OR there is something else that HP can do

There is no help for it then, take advantage of your computer's nice warranty:

Submit Case - Notebooks

Open HP Customer Support - Laptops >

Enter your precise Model / Product name in the space provided and Click Search icon

OR

Select 1 > Narrow your Selection >> Click on the icon for your notebook type / series

When your computer’s page opens > Click last tab (on the right): Get Help from HP

OR

USA / Canada

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

USA / Canada

Fill in form (explain issue / provide information) and submit to receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Help to find Product Number:

Identify my Notebook Model

Warranty Check

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

HP Limited Warranty Statement (General Information)

HP Worldwide Limited Warranty and Technical Support

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions:

Care Pack Services Definitions

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.