03-20-2017 09:32 AM
I am having an issue with the NIC on the Ultra Slin dock 2013. It will occasionally lose connectivity throught the NIC on the dock. If I go into Device Manager, there is a bang on the Intel Ethernet Connection I218-LM. I downloaded a fresh copy of the driver from the HP site and it installs without issue. This reactivates the NIC on the dock and it will work for a period of time but then it will drop and show a bang on the NIC again.
Also, there is a bang on the Intel Mnagement Engine Interface. When attempting to reinstall the drive it fails and the shows a code 10 error in Device Manager.
I am not sure if this is an issue with the dock or the laptop itself. Any ideas, suggestions, input, or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for the time. Have a fantastic day!
03-21-2017 09:59 AM
some thoughts on what you should check for...
-- update the ultraslim dock f/w to 2.33
-- run Image Assistant to check on possible updates to your laptop
-- make sure you are running with the latest BIOS, rev 1.14
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data