WarGames83
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

LOST A RUBBER FOOT HELP ME

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION DV6-2190us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm scouring the internet for part number: 516499-001  Rubber Feet Kit.

Does HP still stock this item? thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,706 32,409 2,999 10,865
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WarGames83

Our English speaking forum community spans the globe.  If you cannot find the part, it may not be available in your region.

In the USA, I find the set of  "feet" for about $10 and change on EBay.  That is  a bunch of money for a rubber foot.

If you can stand to do so...

Have you considered removing the rest of the feet and then using a whole set of replacement feet that you can stick on the bottom of the computer case?  Amazon sells computer feet (and feet for cabinets, boxes, small cases) - and Amazon is just about everyting (I think). 

No, HP won't have this -- HP does not stock vintage computer parts.  Four feet don't take up much room -- 400,00 packages of feet take up a bit more room.  One package or 400,000, someone has to keep track of the inventory, track any requests, keep the parts safe from being lost, broken, hot, wet, cold.  I am always disappointed when I cannot find one tiny part for an old device that needs "just the one part" to be perfect.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 269
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As @Dragon-Fur indicates, your system is too old for parts to be available from HP. Parts for business ranges seem often to be available for 5 years from when the system ceased to be sold, reflecting the longest warranty sold, though supply might be exhausted before then. Parts for consumer ranges such as Pavilion seem to be deleted much sooner after the systems stop being sold.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation