Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 650 G5
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, 

Why battery on my laptop (HP ProBook 650 G5) at some point starts to drain even if it is always plugged in AC?

nstepan_0-1677666467202.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @nstepan,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you're experiencing issues with the battery life of your HP ProBook 650 G5 laptop, there are several things you can try to improve it.

• Adjust Power Settings: Go to Power Options in Control Panel and select the power plan that suits your needs. You can also customize the power settings to optimize battery life.
  • Close Unnecessary Applications: Running too many applications can drain your battery faster. Close any unused applications, tabs, or windows.
  • Dim the Screen: Reducing the brightness of your screen can help to extend battery life.
  • Unplug Peripheral Devices: Disconnect any peripherals that you are not using like USB devices, printers, or external hard drives.
  • Disable Background Apps: Check if any background apps are running that consume power. If so, disable them.
  • Update Drivers and Software: Check for any software or driver updates that may improve battery life.
  • Replace Battery: If your battery is old, you may need to replace it. Check the battery health status in the power settings to see if it needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have problem while my laptop is always plugged in to AC power all the time. Last five days everything is normal, but before that my battery level slowly decreased from 100% to 30% while plugged in.

nstepan_0-1678170870769.png

HP Recommended

Hi @nstepan,

Thank you for your response, 

Please help us with the laptop serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

How can I send private message?

HP Recommended

Hi @nstepan,

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I don't see private message icon. Can I send it to you via email?

nstepan_0-1679296930490.png

HP Recommended

Hi @nstepan,

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.