Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see from the forum that this problem has been going on at least since 2009. We have HP desktops for our home business so we wanted consistency with our laptops. This is the third (AND LAST) HP laptop we will purchase. All three keyboards letters faded. We brought stickers as a bandaid but they eventually peel off.  I am sure it is a defect for all keys but mainly affects the most often used keys ( A,S,C,N,L,O ). How can HP know of this problem but not care about quality. I guess they hope you buy a new laptop before it occurs. I was a long time Dell and Toshiba customer and definitely go back. We have 10 HP ALL-in-Ones have no probems with their operations. We love the 34" curved model but must now reconsider the laptops.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@doctorfn

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.