Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Setup:

I have a few users in my office setup with three HP Monitors (EliteDisplay E222) in addition to their laptop. The laptop is placed in the dock (HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station) and closed in a tray under the desk while the user is at their workstation.  The two left monitors are connected via Display Port, the right monitor is connected via VGA.

The issue:

If the laptop is closed and in sleep mode when connected to the docking station, when the power on the docking station is pressed it does not reconnect to the monitors. The right monitor (VGA connection) goes black with the mouse visible, but that is it. The two left monitors (DP connection) do not change at all from before the laptop is docked.

Work-arounds:

After the laptop is connected in sleep mode and the power button on the dock is hit, you can open to lid ot the laptop, then close it to get all of the monitors to work. You can also connect the laptop while the lid is open (so it never enters sleep mode), then close the lid and it will reconnect just fine. The issue only heppens when the laptop is connected to the dock while in sleep mode.

Troubleshooting attempted:

- All monitors' default input is set appropriately

- Auto Switch Input set to off

- DP Hot Plug Detection set to Always active on Monitors

- Intel chipset updated

- Intel graphics driver updated

How can I get the laptop to auto-output to the monitors correctly when the laptop is placed in the dock while in sleep mode and then turned on using the dock's power button?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The fix to this issue is found in the extreamely difficult to find customer advisory from June of 2016.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05161985

The fixes listed under the release notes are as follows:
- Fixes an issue which causes a screen of a display connected to the system
using the DisplayPort dock to flash unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where a display connected to the system using the Ultraslim
Dock DisplayPort is not detected correctly.
- Fixes an issue which causes pixel corruption on the screen of a display
connected to the system using DisplayPort.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thought I had replied to this. :S

There is a Customer Advisory for this issue: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04079329

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, undock and reconnect the comptuer to the HP 2013 UltraSlim Docking Station.

Hope this helps!
I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

The fact that this is a "customer advisory" from 2014 does not make this a solution to the problem. Undocking and redocking is a terrbile reccommendation to your customers that encounter this issue 100% of the time using the dock that you built specifically for this line of computers.

HP Recommended

The fix to this issue is found in the extreamely difficult to find customer advisory from June of 2016.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05161985

The fixes listed under the release notes are as follows:
- Fixes an issue which causes a screen of a display connected to the system
using the DisplayPort dock to flash unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where a display connected to the system using the Ultraslim
Dock DisplayPort is not detected correctly.
- Fixes an issue which causes pixel corruption on the screen of a display
connected to the system using DisplayPort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.